Servings: 16 servings
Cost: $0.69 per serving
Want a bigger or smaller serving size? Hover over the serving size and move the bar until you get the number of servings you want. Easy.
Ingredients For A Pumpkin Spice Fall Cake Recipe
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar divided
- 4 large eggs divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour do NOT use whole wheat flour as a substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15) ounce can unseasoned pumpkin puree do NOT use pumpkin pie filling
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar light or dark; packed
- 1 cup cranberries thawed if frozen, halved, plus more for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 12-cup nonstick Bundt pan with cooking spray.
Beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, lemon juice and vanilla in a small bowl until smooth.
Whisk flours, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons cardamom in a large bowl. Whisk pumpkin, applesauce, brown sugar and the remaining 1 cup granulated sugar and 3 eggs in a medium bowl. Add to the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in cranberries.
Pour half the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the batter. Spoon the remaining batter on top and spread into an even layer.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Unmold onto a wire rack and let cool for 20 minutes more before slicing. Garnish with cranberries, if desired.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 215mg | Potassium: 108mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 228IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.