Want a bigger or smaller serving size? Hover over the serving size and move the bar until you get the number of servings you want. Easy.
Did you know that it’s super easy to print out a version of a half recipe or even a double recipe on Not Entirely Average? Hover over the serving size (highlighted in blue, it says 24 on this recipe) and then slide the the white line to the left to make less or to the right to make more. This "calculator" allows you to play until you get the number of servings you want. Easy.
Ingredients for Marinade for Steak
- 2 tablespoons quality olive oil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- freshly cracked black pepper
* the marinating is accomplished easiest in a Ziploc bag that will fit your cut(s) of beef, overnight in the refrigerator
Briskly whisk or process all ingredients together and place steaks into a Ziploc bag with marinade.
Seal the bag, making every effort to lesson the amount of air inside the bag.
Marinate preferably overnight, or at least 8 hours.
Two hours prior to grilling, remove steak(s) from marinade and lay flat on a baking sheet lined with foil. Allow meat to come to room temperature on the counter.
* There are arguments as to whether blotting your beef lightly with paper toweling prior to throwing atop a hot grill grate lessens the flavor. I personally do not believe it does IF the meat has been marinating for at least 15 hours. This also depends on the thickness of the cut. I like a bark or crust on my steak as seen in the video. I tend to blot lightly (do not remove all of the marinade) and throw atop HOT grill grates once my beef is sufficiently at room temperature. I can cook it lower and slower, achieve the bark, and not sacrifice flavor or moisture.
The marinade works not only to impart flavor, but also to tenderize the beef.
The longer the marinating, the more tender the final product.
Calories: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 2467mg | Potassium: 384mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 3mg
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.