Servings: 8 servings
Want a bigger or smaller serving size? Hover over the serving size and move the bar until you get the number of servings you want. Easy.
Did you know that it’s super easy to print out a version of a half recipe or even a double recipe on Not Entirely Average? Hover over the serving size (highlighted in blue, it says 24 on this recipe) and then slide the the white line to the left to make less or to the right to make more. This "calculator" allows you to play until you get the number of servings you want. Easy.
For The Dressing
- 1/4 cup quality olive oil Not Entirely Average consistently uses Thea Olive Oil in all of our recipes
- 3 tablespoons quality red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 5 or 6 pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 whole cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano flowers or simply dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
For the Salad
- 2 cucumbers, halved and cut into 1/2" moons
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced ultra thin
- 1/4 bunch flat leaf parsley, rough chopped
- additional crumbled Feta and additional Kalamata olives if desired
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted or raw
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped
Prepare the Salad Vegetables
In a large bowl, salt the cucumbers with Kosher salt and allow to weep for 20 minutes. Rinse cucumbers well and drain, turning out onto paper toweling to dry if necessary. The cucumbers will not absorb the dressing if they are not dry.
Halve the tomatoes. Thinly slice the red onion. Pull the parsley leaves from their stems, then give them a rough chop. Crumble the additional Feta cheese if using.
Return well-drained cucumbers to the large bowl along with halved tomatoes, red onion, parsley and additional crumbled Feta.
Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours to allow the flavors to assimilate. The dressing will thicken slightly upon standing.
Once well chilled, give the salad a few good stirs to wake up the flavors. Turn out onto a pretty rimmed serving platter or shallow bowl. Garnish with fresh chopped oregano leaves and pine nuts, toasted or raw.
Serving: 1servings | Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 142mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 275IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1mg
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.