Dinner simply doesn’t get easier than Easy Four Cheese Stuffed Shells.
Easy Four Cheese Baked Stuffed Shells are a terrific and straightforward weeknight dinner whose ingredients and basic preparation don't get much simpler. I begin with jumbo pasta shells and stuff them with a smooth, velvety four cheese filling which I flavor with whatever fresh herbs I have an abundance of, and then bake them to pure excellence. There is something comforting and uplifting about a complete and home-cooked meal that surfaces in large part, if not all, from your own pantry. Easy Four Cheese Baked Stuffed Shells feature a whole mess of cheesy goodness and are a highlight to my homemade marinara sauce. Mix together an interesting salad and serve alongside some rustic bread. It’s a proud feeling. I don’t know why, it just is.
To say we are in the midst of unfamiliar and curious times would be an understatement. Now more than ever is the time to come together and support family, immediate neighbors and community, and food is a natural place to start the love.
The filling in these shells is uncomplicated and easily customizable. Need to sneak in some vegetables? No problem. Grated carrot and chopped fresh or frozen spinach are fantastic compliments. Sautéing riced cauliflower with some garlic and olive oil and adding to the marinara is also an excellent notion. Have some extra Italian sausage or ground beef lying around? This recipe is perfect for using it up. You can either cook it and mix it into the marinara or simply add it to the cheese filling before stuffing the shells. Easy Four Cheese Baked Stuffed Shells are versatile and can be as unique as you.
Want a bigger or smaller serving size? Hover over the serving size and move the bar until you get the number of servings you want. Easy.
Did you know that it’s super easy to print out a version of a half recipe or even a double recipe on Not Entirely Average? Hover over the serving size (highlighted in blue, it says 24 on this recipe) and then slide the the white line to the left to make less or to the right to make more. This "calculator" allows you to play until you get the number of servings you want. Easy.
Ingredients for Easy Four Cheese Baked Stuffed Shells
- 6 ounces jumbo shells use entire box (12oz) to serve 8
- 1 jar favorite pasta sauce I am using Stonewall Kitchen's Roasted Garlic Basil sauce
- 1 1/3 cups fresh Ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 cup grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese divided
- 4 tablespoons assortment of chopped fresh herbs parsley, basil, oregano,
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 9 minutes. Drain and cool on a sheet pan. Set aside.
- Mix together the Ricotta, Mascarpone, half the Parmigiano, half the Mozzarella, the chopped herbs, and salt and pepper. Fill the shells. Some prefer to pipe the filling into each shell, I prefer to spoon.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish; add half the sauce. Arrange the shells (opening up), cover with the remaining sauce, Mozzarella and Parmigiano.
- Bake covered in the oven for 30 minutes.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.