My no bake 15 Minute Peanut Butter And Chocolate Cream Pie is a ridiculously easy dessert that requires only a handful of ingredients!
While this is fast to assemble, it does require time in the fridge to chill, so account for that when embarking on this outstanding peanut butter (or ANY nut butter) dessert!
Sweet and salty is an outstanding dessert combination! Done in the correct proportions, the level of 'sweet to salt' is entirely satisfying. I begin with the salt-free/sugar-free nut butter of my choice. This is important as I will introduce the salt in the end, not the beginning of this method. I cut the peanut butter with cream cheese to "mellow the flavor." The now lush mixture is then combined with confectioners sugar and whipped topping before being piled into a basic graham cracker crust. Melted semi sweet chocolate morsels and chopped salted nuts embellish the crown before the pie is placed into the chiller until ready to serve. Assembly is FAST, ingredients are FEW, and the combination of flavors is reminiscent of a Friendly's Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Sundae! And the proportions of 'sweet to salt' are in check!
Looks Are Not Deceiving! This No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Will Blow Your Mind!
Attention all peanut butter dessert fans! Gather around and watch me make this delicious peanut butter cream filling for a refrigerated pie that will blow your taste buds away! If you enjoy easy dessert recipes that check all of your family's 'MUST' boxes, look no further!
Today, I am going to teach you how to make a chocolate peanut butter pie. You may opt for a premade graham cracker crust or get creative and pulse some graham crackers or Oreo cookies to fit your pie pan. I do love an Oreo crust from time to time. Today, I'm using a ready made graham cracker crust. Smooth peanut butter filling, a layer of salted chopped nuts, and a rich chocolate ganache adorn the apex of this pie, each bite a momentary escape to dessert bliss. Oh, and it’s made with ingredients you most likely have in your pantry already! Buckle up 🙂
What Is A Good Chocolate Pie Recipe?
My Valentine or anytime Chocolate Pie of course! Four layers of chocolate!!!
Or Get Your Pie On With These Delicious Pie Desserts!
Sit Back And Settle In While I Share With You This Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Recipe!
Our neighbor celebrated a milestone birthday which we learned of ONLY after we saw flowers being delivered. Hey, it's not every day that you turn 95! I wanted to do something, but I had no idea what. Miss Carey Lucille is a Charleston native with a sweet southern name and a whopping sweet tooth. One of her pet peeves is anything "diet" or healthy. She says she's lived a long life due to satisfying her hungry tummy and her mother's desire for her to always clean her plate growing up during the Depression. I was guessing my 15 Minute Peanut Butter And Chocolate Cream Pie made just for miss Carey Lucille might help her to celebrate 95!
How Long Do You Bake Peanut Butter Pie?
This no bake peanut butter pie recipe is just that - NO BAKE! It is also entirely customizable. The idea for this pie grew out of a love for Friendly's Restaurant and their legendary Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Sundae. That, and I never grew up loving any peanut butter layer in any dessert.
When I first tasted a natural peanut butter mixture mellowed by the addition of cream cheese, I was inspired. It was a chocolate peanut butter mousse adorned with mini peanut butter cups and it was delicious. My friend made the mousse for my birthday one bleak November while we both still lived in New Jersey. One taste and time about stopped for many minutes while I savored the FIRST EVER peanut butter dessert I actually LIKED!
Peanut butter pie necessaries and inspiration for embellishing the finished product, click images for pricing and shipping times.
Okay, Name One Person Who DOESN'T Love Easy 5 Ingredient Desserts?
I break this method into two parts in my recipe card below. I do this because I don't want you shying away from assembling this in its most basic form; a lush and creamy peanut butter filling in a basic graham cracker pie crust. A 5 ingredient peanut butter pie. Who doesn't LOVE 5 ingredient dessert recipes?
So now you've got this basic cool and easy pie. Where YOU take it from there is up to you. My family enjoys salted chopped nuts, so I do this with peanuts sometimes, but pecans A WHOLE LOT! I also use a rich chocolate ganache to 'fill in' around the nuts atop my pie before popping into the fridge to chill. When I am ready to serve, the sky is the limit!
A Few Ways To Embellish This EASY 5 Ingredient Dessert
Begin with the basic method found in the recipe card below for a peanut butter pie. Follow the remainder of my method to create the best chocolate peanut butter pie, or use your imagination and deck out YOUR pie to you and your family's liking.
swap out the graham cracker crust and pulse Oreos in your food processor for peanut butter pie with chocolate crust
add a layer of whole salted peanuts on top of the crust before adding the peanut butter filling
swap frozen whipped topping for REAL whipped cream by combining 1 cup heavy whipping cream and a teaspoon of good vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and beating with an electric hand mixer
top each slice of pie with whipped cream and a mini (or full sized!) Reece's Peanut Butter Cup
swap the nut layer for a layer of Reece's Pieces and drizzle with the chocolate ganache
add a layer of whipped topping such as Cool Whip to the top of the peanut butter layer before drizzling with caramel and chocolate
decorate each pie slice with whipped cream and a hunk of peanut brittle or chocolate covered peanuts
swap out the cream cheese for Neufchâtel cheese and use a fat free whipped topping for a lightened up chocolate and peanut butter pie
swap out peanut butter for ANY nut butter; almond butter and sun butter are especially yummy in this recipe
Do You Have What You Need To Make Easy 15 Minute Peanut Butter And Chocolate Cream Pie? Check The List!
creamy peanut butter
frozen whipped topping such as Cool Whip
9-inch graham cracker crust, premade or homemade
semi sweet chocolate chips
whole milk or heavy cream
chocolate covered peanuts
Reece's mini cups
Oreo full size
All images and text ©Jenny DeRemer for Not Entirely Average, LLC
Want a bigger or smaller serving size? Hover over the serving size and move the bar until you get the number of servings you want. Easy.
- electric hand mixer
- non-stick sauce pan
Did you know that it’s super easy to print out a version of a half recipe or even a double recipe on Not Entirely Average? Hover over the serving size (highlighted in blue, it says 8 on this recipe) and then slide the the white line to the left to make less or to the right to make more. This "calculator" allows you to play until you get the number of servings you want. Easy.
Ingredients for Easy 15 Minute Peanut Butter And Chocolate Cream Pie
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or allergy-friendly substitute, sun butter is delicious
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping only slightly thawed
- graham cracker crust 9-inch
for the chocolate ganache and nut layer
- 1 cup nuts chopped, lightly salted, any nut; I am using pecans
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 3 tablespoons whole milk may substitute heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
to make the peanut butter layer of the pie
- If preparing a homemade graham cracker crust, use a 9-inch pie pan. Have baked, cooled and ready. I am using a premade 9-inch pie crust store bought and have at the ready.
- In a large mixing bow, combine the peanut butter, and the confectioners sugar using an electric hand mixer. Cream until well incorporated.
- To the peanut butter mixture, beat in the softened cream cheese followed by the whipped topping.
- Spoon the peanut butter mixture into the pie crust. Use a rubber spatula to smooth out the top. Top with chopped nuts if using, distributing evenly. Place into the refrigerator while preparing and cooling the ganache.
prepare the chocolate ganache
- In a nonstick sauce pan over medium low heat, combine the chocolate morsels with the milk, butter, and granulated sugar stirring until all the chocolate is melted and ganache is smooth and shiny. Allow to cool for 15 minutes in the sauce pan but off the heat.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape all of the ganache onto the pie, filling in all of the nooks between the nuts. If it looks as though you have too much ganache, set overage aside to serve with chilled pie later.
- Refrigerate to cool completely. I go minimum 2 hours.
- To serve, cut the pie into 8 equal slices and plate. Garnish with whipped cream, cookie pieces, peanut butter candies, small pieces of peanut brittle, additional whole or chopped nuts, caramel sauce, or chocolate sauce, etc. This step is limited only by your imagination, so get creative!
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.